I’ve been neglecting my blogging… Sorry. Honestly, I’ve had too much to say so I’ve been avoiding it. I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed with life right now. It’s not even that I am particularly busy, I’m just juggling a lot of unknowns. I’m not good with unknowns. This might be a bit of a mish-mash post.
1. Adoption News… There is not much news. We have decided that we are ready to commit to a child… so we are waiting for THE call. We still have at least one more Homestudy meeting in May and need to finish all our education before then, but we could still get a referral before then. I’ve already been finding that every time the phone rings I am hoping it is the agency telling me our daughter is ready for us! I’m not really expecting THE phone call until the summer though. There are some things changing in the Ministry of Justice in Bulgaria right now. I don’t really understand it all, but as of June, they are supposed to be opening up more children for international adoption.
2. Jon still doesn’t know about his job position yet. Other’s have applied for it so he will have to panel for it. Panelling means he will be interviewed by three or four people and have his answers scored. The person with the highest score gets the job. If scores are tied, then seniority comes in to play. He stands a really good chance but interviews still aren’t scheduled! I’d like to know one way or another.
3. We have decided to move to my mom’s basement suite in Chilliwack. I’m scared, but I know it is the right decision. Jon’s main concern is his commute and my main worry is how I’m going to deal with being back in the neighborhood and home I grew up in. We have committed to staying there for a year to save money. We will be cutting our living expenses by at least 60%. It is a sacrifice we are making so we don’t have to worry about finances and the adoption as much. Don’t get me wrong, this decision has a lot of positives! Financial savings are HUGE! Livi gets a back yard to run around in and explore! My mom is right upstairs to help out and support us with our second child… which will be invaluable!
4. Livi is a two year old, who is not quite two! Oh My Gosh, I almost have a two year old! How INSANE is that?! Everything is “Nnnno!” right now and she has thrown a few little tantrums too. They mostly consisted of her crying inconsolably for something she wanted. She has also begun throwing things when she is frustrated… which then makes me frustrated! She is still an angel though. Her vocabulary is expanding and she can converse pretty good now. She gets her point across with words mostly and mimics EVERYTHING we say! I went in to get her up one morning and she greeted me with a “Morning Darling!” and when she saw all the chocolate chip cookies that she helped make come out of the oven she got wide-eyed and said “Oh My Goodness!” She is so friggin’ cute!
Livi is really good at wearing hats, which I love. She is accumulating quite the little collection and looks super stylish. I’ll have to start getting some pictures out. She loves being dirty and is quite the little tom-boy. I love it… but wish the clean-up wasn’t so difficult. Livi has also become quite the little singer. She has a few on her play list now… mostly from Sesame Street.
5. I’m still waiting for confirmation for some paperwork I sent in for Chosen Children. I wish it would hurry up! I’m feeling a little incapable with the whole charity thing. It is so much bigger than me but I don’t want to just waste my efforts and give up! It is something I really believe is needed, but I don’t know what I am doing!!! I’ll figure it all out though. I would feel a lot more confident if I had some support from someone who has done this before though. So, if anyone knows anyone who could help out, I’d really appreciate it!
6. Lifestyle Change update… Easter was the beginning of the little rut I’m in. We were so busy then that I relaxed too much with going to the gym and all the delicious food was far too tempting. I have kept up my better eating habits and thankfully that has kept me from gaining anything back. I am still going to the gym, but not with the same drive that I had originally. I have not weighed myself in many weeks, but I think I am still slowly shrinking! I went through a bunch of my pants recently and threw out 6 pairs that were to big! I bought a pair of capris this week too, that are the same brand and cut as my favorite jeans, and they are a size smaller than what I bought last time! Hooray me! Although I still need to get my butt back to the gym more often. I think I would love to go to the gym with some one once or twice a week. Any takers?
4 thoughts on “Mish-Mash”
I'd be a taker if I lived near you. See–helpful.
It's a good sign that you're keeping it off–that's what screws most people up.
Thinking of you as you patiently await THAT call. Looking forward to seeing you and your little ones more when you are in Chilliwack and I know that that will be nice for your mom as well to have you (and the grandchildren :~) )down there.
You hubby should to a pre-interview with someone which in most professional circles is highly suggested. But seeing that he has already been doing the job he knows the procedure, and the computer stuff that is expected.
Yikes though…two areas of your life where you are waiting with baited breath for answers!
I'm so excited for you as far as the Chosen Child stuff and glad that you are persevering. Thanks for the updates that you send out. Even though I have not responded to that email I did read it and valued the information.
Katie, love your new template! How did you do the `about me' and `adoption' up at the top?
I figured it out:) I copied you, I hope that's okay!