Today is Jon and mine’s 7 year wedding anniversary! It is so weird to think that I am old enough to have been married for 7 years. It might as well be 30! Okay, maybe not. But I feel pretty blessed to have been able to spend 7 years with such a wonderful man! No “itch” yet 😉
10 Things I Love About Jon and Our Marriage:
1. I love that we are so different. I know this probably falls under “things I hate about our marriage” but being so different balances us.
2. I love the Sex… Yup, I just said it 🙂
3. I love Jon’s hugs.
4. I love how much I have learned from Jon and continue learning.
5. I love how we are both COMPLETELY on the same page when it comes to raising our kids and expanding our family.
6. I love how geeky he is… but don’t tell him that!
7. I love how trust worthy Jon is as a husband and man.
8. I love how giving he is. Not just to the needy or charities, but he doesn’t take stock of who gives or does more with any of his relationships and is always willing to go the extra mile for those he loves.
9. I love how well he listens. I don’t mean in a taking orders kind of way, but in a really hearing what I have to say kind of way. (When it counts anyway…. 7 years does plug the ears a little sometimes!)
10. Most of all, I love how he loves me so completely. I don’t always quite understand him, or get where he is coming from but I know that no matter what is going on, he loves me and I am blessed.
So, today was a little bit of a different kind of anniversary than if we had been at home in Canada. We didn’t get to go out alone to celebrate each other making it 7 years with the other one. We had Sofie of course! Honestly, we barely remembered that it was our anniversary. We are kind of running on empty over here but we are okay. We have really been there for each other through this whole past week and barely even snapped at each other… which tends to happen when we are tired and stressed. We are trying to be there for Sofie and give her all that she needs from us. We are taking turns when we need them and figuring each others cues out before we need to even ask. I’m amazed how well we are handling things actually. To top off the stress, I am still sick. Last night was the worst. My whole body was heaving but there was nothing left to get out of me. Not a pleasant feeling. During the day I seem to be able to cope though. I happened to find a English speaking pharmacist who gave me some pills. Not sure what I’m taking but I’m not in the bathroom every 20 minutes tonight 🙂
Sofie is an angel. She is quite possibly the easiest three year old to take care of or parent that I have ever met… except when it is time to eat or drink or go to bed. She is definitely displaying some ‘being from an institution’ behavior and sensory issues. She rocks on her back when she is bored… but surprisingly not when she is trying to go to sleep. She cries through out every meal. We bought some baby food and pablum that we are mixing with the formula we bought. She has been eating well but cries on and off through out it. She doesn’t like things in her mouth although we are starting to see her exploring with that a little. Today she actually had her toes in her mouth and has been putting the rubber teether brush in there a lot too! She won’t drink. We have been watering down a lot of the food and sneaking the liquid in that way but it’s been a struggle. We bought two different kinds of sippy cups, have tried numerous adult cups and water bottles. She refuses to entertain the idea of a straw of bottle nipple in her mouth too. Bed time tonight sucked. She cried on and off for an hour and a half. Not just crying either… she tantrummed. If she falls asleep on us in our sling, bed time is not an issue. But if she is not ready for the sling or bed it is an ordeal. I’m hoping this gets better quickly at home. She needs a routine I think.
Otherwise, today was a good day! We went to the St. Sofia church. The oldest church in Sofia. It was really neat to see. Sofie was doing really well this morning so we ventured off to the Ladies Market, which was mostly a lot of fruits and veggies and knock off clothing. Sofie fell asleep in the sling while we were walking and slept for about an hour. First nap since the first day! Yay! We walked back and passed lots of interesting tourist spots…
We stayed in our hotel room during the really hot part of the day and went out again for our Anniversary dinner! The first meal I’d eaten all day because of the sickness the night before! It was delicious! We ended the day with a bath and showers for Mommy and Daddy before our epic night routine. Then Jon treated us to a room service snack and dessert while watching Paris Hilton’s BFF on TV. It was the only English show on besides financial news! All in all, a pretty memorable 7th anniversary! Looking forward to 70 more!
3 thoughts on “7 Years – Aug 8”
Happy Anniversary, guys!!! What a crazy month for you and your family!!! (Good kind of crazy, though!!!)
European Pharmacists are. The. Best.
Happy anniversary! This one sounds like one you'll definitely remember. Hope you feel better soon 🙂