To much different stuff is going on right now to write a congruent post so here it is in point form.
– We still haven’t received a pay check from Jon’s work. It’s been 5 weeks since Jon started his parental leave. We got one weeks pay at 50% from Employment insurance but Jon’s work is supposed to cover the two week waiting period and top us up to 75%. Well we haven’t received that. We’ve inquired and apparently they are “looking in to it” but our bank account is dangerously low right now! I’m trying not to freak out. 5 weeks with only $500 from EI is not very much!
– Evie giggled for the first time on February 22! It was adorable. She looked like she wasn’t sure if she wanted to cry or laugh. Marmee got it out of her and has been the only one to get it out of her since!
– Sofie peed on the toilet for the first time on February 10th and pooped on February 26th! We are not potty training. Should we be now? She peed because she took her clothes off and I said “If you’re going to be naked, you be naked on the toilet.” Since then we’ve put her on the toilet if it is convenient for us if she says “poop” or “pee”, if she takes off her clothes, and before baths. She frequently poops in the tub. Then, she pooped on the toilet before the bath! I was so excited.
– We made pretty much the cutest Valentine’s cards thanks to Pinterest!
– Evie has started to get a little better of a schedule and even napped in her nursery a few times. She sleeps in the bassinet with us in our room usually but I like her napping in the nursery.
– Livi is sounding out and spelling words all by herself! She is pretty awesome!
– Evie’s Blessing is on Sunday!
– Sofie got called for a cancelled surgery appointment and is now having her tubes put in her ears next Wednesday. I’m nervous. It will be the first general any of my kids have had.
– Jon got snipped! No more babies for us! I feel so good about this decision. A little pang of “I’ll never get to give birth again,” did enter my mind because, lets face it, I give birth like a pro. But, I know we don’t want to be a part of over population and if we are going to expand our family it will be through the miracle of adoption!
– Evie is awesomely huge at 13.3lbs at her 7 week check up. That’s a 3 lbs increase! She is still quite a baby though with her floppy head and curled up hands. Livi was much stronger by now. I can already see how she is our baby of the family.
– Livi is OBSESSED with Evie. She always wants to see what she’s doing, talks baby talk to her and adores her. She is going to make a special little mommy one day.
– We are going vegetarian for at least a month. Wish us luck!